Cargo Van Rental Sizes
When you’re looking for a cargo van, you’ve got all sorts of options to choose from. One of the most obvious ways to whittle down the choices is to just find the cheapest cargo van rental.
There’s also the possibility that you’ll just go for the one that’s closest to the house. Or maybe you won’t even worry about any of that, simply choosing the first cargo van rental company that you find on Google.
But there’s another metric that you should definitely consider before renting a cargo van: size. Simply enough, if you’re going to move stuff with a cargo van, you have to make sure it’s big enough to carry what you want to carry.
Here are some of the sizes that the most popular cargo van rental shops carry:
- Budget’s cargo vans have 309.4 cubic feet of storage space and can carry 3,116 lbs.
- Penske has 450 cubic feet of storage space and can carry 3,000 lbs.
- Ryder has 547 cubic feet of space and can handle a load of 3,005 lbs.
- U-Haul is a somewhat smaller but cheaper option, offering 75.5 cubic feet of storage space with the ability to carry only 1,530 lbs (It might be worth it if you need a smaller payload, because they rent vans for only $20 a day).
- Enterprise doesn’t list the amount of storage space that their cargo has, but we know for sure that it can carry up to 2,000 lbs. Avis, conversely, doesn’t list the payload that their vans can hold, but does say that they have 633 cubic feet.
Of course, these are just the options provided by national companies. You might want to check Google and see if there are any local companies, as they might be willing to offer you a better deal.